Friday, April 20, 2007

Too much, too fast

OK, what the doctor said was that before the spur operation we could try the cortisone shot. I've heard that some of you have had shots, but I'm not quite sure who and don't remember either if you said this was positive or not.
I think I remember Jen saying it was the last option....
The thing is that it was on Wednesday and yes, I'm feeling better. So much that I was even thinking last night to run a marathon in august like last year in Mexico city. But that is still uncertain. I haven't even tried to run long or even to start to train. I should have goals but is hard to make the decision if I don't really know how my heels will be.
This two days I've been feeling recovered. What still hurts is in fact the shot, not the spurs. Or if they hurt is more like a stiffness sensation.
The same day I got the shot, -on Wednesday- I walked in the afternoon 45 minutes, took yesterday off and this morning I went to the beach for a 4 mile run. It was very nice and my heels are behaving, will see how it goes.

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Glad you got through the run OK Hilda.

A friend of mine had a couple of cortisone injections over a few months. He had a bump on the back of a heel. Eventually it subsided (without surgery) and doesn't cause problems now. Hopefully you'll have the same luck.

Phil said...

Let's hope that the cortisone injections do the trick. I haven't any experience with the stuff, so I can't offer any advice.

Best of luck.

Lulu said...

I hope the cortisone works for you. Jen had problems with hers but many people have found it works well.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the heel problems. Like everyone else I hope the cortisone works and you can avoid surgery. Enjoy the beach for the rest of us.

D said...

I've never had a cortisone shot but have heard mixed reviews on them. Hopefully this works for you and you don't have to go through any surgery!