Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy happy

To resume April:

Total 84 miles
21 days running, 7 days resting, 2 days failed.
The longest was 10 and made only one more of 8
9 were 3 miles runs, I don't want to see that 3 on my calendar anymore. If I run instead of 3 at least 4, I will add at least 9 more miles to the total of the next month. Still not even when I started running made those 3 miles runs as I was recommended to run for at least 45 minutes to really move the fat.

I ran on the beach Thursday, Friday and Saturday 5-4-3. Seems it helped to rest the my heels or to give them a chance to adapt.
Yesterday morning made my first attempt on the asphalt. It was successful, could run then stopped and started running again with no pain.
Maybe it was that the foot need some time to adapt to the cortisone new condition.
Today completed an 8 miles run feeling great despite the sun. We didn't had clouds anymore but still some refreshing breeze was blowing.

13 comments:

R2B said...

Good work Hilda!!!

Unknown said...

Nice job on the April running. I hope May is even better.

Ewen said...

That's really great Hilda. A pretty good month, and now you're running without the foot pain. I hope it continues!

Add the miles gradually and you'll adapt well. Take care.

Black Knight said...

Good job, your april was better than mine! Take care and be careful in increasing the mileage.

Lulu said...

Good to hear the foot is starting to feel better. Let's hope it stays that way!

Dubs said...

Great job!

I'm glad the cortozne shot worked for you. I had one (I have a broken bone in my foot) but had a bad reaction. They are supposed to be really great if your body likes cortizone!

Good luck on switching the 3's to 4's!

Spark Driver said...

How do you go running on the beach? Do you run in shoes or bare feet on the sand? I have always had trouble running on the beach as my foot sinks into the soft sand making every step a struggle.

psbowe said...

Hi Hilda! It took me a while to finally track down your current blog, but great running there!

D said...

Hey Hilda! Hopefully May has gone as well as your April!

Phil said...

Hi Hilda ... haven't heard from you in over a month. Hope all is well.

psbowe said...

Hilda, hope you're doing well and running, miss reading about your running activities!

Black Knight said...

Where is the running amazon?

Black Knight said...

Come back please!