Saturday, April 7, 2007

Run + Bike!

Great run this morning with Luis. Hope many days like this are on our future.
Enjoying running together is becoming nicer and nicer. Is like really sharing something while doing it at the same time. Luis enjoyed the beach to run and even wants to go back there at least twice a week, fingers cross.
We had time for a 35 minutes only run. We had to get back home as he works on Saturday and had to get ready. The only thing that I had in mind was to keep going. But I still wanted to keep my legs out of asphalt... suddenly the idea of mounting my bike aroused. In fact sun doesn't affects you so badly as when running. So I took it and stayed there for an hour. I could even feel the air through my hair and feel fresh despite the sun was so hot. The area where I live now which is a golf course has a loop of about 4 miles in total. There are areas that are still under construction and normally I don't go there, but this time on my bike I visited the area to have the longest route. I felt great, unfortunately I was not using my HR monitor but next time I will, to see how much it really makes me work. Here I can develop better speeds than at the hotel. Hope that works so it works also for a good workout. The only part where it was hard to speed up was in some windy ways, funny to ride against wind.
I think I will mount bike more often . This new area where I live works more for that than for running :P and I still have the beach...

7 comments:

Lulu said...

It is nice to run with your husband. I like running with Mr lulu but he is much to fast for me!

Unknown said...

I would love it as well if my wife started to run, but with young kids it is difficult for us both to be away at the same time. Hopefully when the kids get a little older we can start running, or bike riding together. I am happy to hear that Luis is enjoying the running.

D said...

How awesome that you and your husband are running together. Are you still doing a marathon soon or have you decided to do a different one?

Jen said...

How lovely it is that you can run with your hubby :-)

Samurai Running said...

I found you again Hilda.

Glad your back blogging and running. I'll be checking back here a lot.

My wife won't run with me. She says the only time she gets some peace is when I'm out running ;P

Ewen said...

It sounds like you're going really well Hilda, doing some runs with Luis on the beach. Sounds fantastic!

A great idea to do less running on the ashphalt (although you need to do some for marathons), and also feel the wind in your hair on the bike. Good stuff!

Spark Driver said...

The bike always makes a nice change. Good to have a running partner so close by.